Yesterday an assistance dog was almost poisoned. Here's the story. The owners luckily found the mound of rat poison in their White Rock-area back yard before sweet Frischa, a small Doberman Pinscher ingested a lethal dose. This is just weird — it looks intentional. Someone placed the poison in the family's backyard. The dog isn't yappy — doesn't hardly leave the house, they say (not that yappy dogs deserve to die ... insert snarky comment here). There's just no motive for something like this. So pet owners, one more thing to look out for.